Gainesville, Georgia Public Seminar at Brenau University 11.10.14
Over the past 25 years, more than three million people have heard me ask the question:”What Do They See When They See You Coming?” In all 50 states and in 10 countries, leaders have found the courage to factor perception into their leadership equation. This question is, irrefutably, the most important question that a leader must confront.
What Do They See When They See You Coming? Celebrate and Polish the Leader within You
There are five concepts that remarkable organizations, individuals, and associations in healthcare, public safety, human resources, and sales in education have in common.
- They have achieved excellence.
- They are aware that a preoccupation of where they are jeopardizes future growth – equaling stagnation at best and reversal at worst.
- Each of “these remarkable” groups has identified the missing link to maximum achievement as a fresh comprehension of communication, grounded in perception. Communication is no longer limited to: source, message channel, and receiver. Perception is now the key. What do they see when they see you coming is now a mandatory question. How they perceive you, is your business.
- A “think like a giraffe” mentality is required: direction, discipline, and delight.
- The foremost authority in the relationship between perception and leadership. is Stephen M. Gower, CSP.
Participants will learn:
- ◊ You do not have to stay the way you are.
- ◊ There is a leader within you to be celebrated and polished.
- ◊ Leadership is not management; leadership is an ocean not a pool.
- ◊ People quit buying, producing, and communicating because of a perceived attitude of indifference.
- ◊ Thinking about your thoughts is essential; refuse to believe everything you think.
- ◊ The number one arrow in the leader’s quiver is the power of story.
- ◊ Choices create, choices confirm, and choices change circumstances.
- ◊ Today is the day to fix tomorrow.
Investment: What Do They See When They See You Coming? November 10th 2014 Half Day (9:00a.m.-12:00 a.m.) at Brenau University, Brenau Downtown Center Theater, individual ticket $65.00 purchased before September 1st. $75.00 purchased after September 1st or at the door. For tickets call: 706.297.7678 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail: PO Box 714, Toccoa, GA 30577
“Everyday you are given a stellar gift — the remarkable opportunity to make a difference in the life of another person!” smg